Saturday, July 23, 2011

Da Doo Dee


Sometimes I think my kids are the cutest. (Of course I lie, my kids are always the cutest). Tonight, after dinner, as I was in the process of trying to turn the kitchen back into something the opposite of a hurricane site, the Boy and the Girl were playing. I had never really noticed that they have started playing together as opposed to just around each other.

Tonight they were running around like whirling dervishes and when I stopped to listen I hear the Boy explaining to the Girl, “Girl, you stand here and count, one, two, three, five, eight, ten and then come get me”. And the Girl, obligingly went to stand with her back against the wall, recited Da, Doo, Dee and then went running after her brother. It appears that they were playing a strange mix of tag and hide and go seek in which the girl was always “it” so had to go stand against the wall, count and then chase her brother around the room.

This went on for a good fifteen minutes. They were pretty tired by the time we went upstairs to bed, so a win all around. Plus the Girl’s learning to count… Da, Doo, Dee.

5 comments:

  1. That is just precious!!  I love Da, Doo, Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely memories are made of these moments. 
    Cheers, Alcira

    nerochronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the great things about having a blog is that we get to write them down and remember them years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear the rest of the numbers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non e' meraviglioso?

    ReplyDelete