Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finally, a post where I don't ramble on for hours

It rained nonstop on Christmas Day, but on Boxing Day we went to sleep with this view:


I know, it's a crappy picture, I posted it because I thought my front yard was just beautiful and I had to share. Also, the other day, I realized I don't have a whole lot of photos on here so I decided to rectify that. December has been a bit of a rollercoaster emotionally and I'm tired of boring you with all the jabber so here are a lot of pictures from this past month. Forgive the quality, but I'm no photographer!

p.s. since there's loads of pictures click below to see the whole post

The first week in December we realized we love snow, we love snow so much we want to eat, sleep and poop in the snow.

But we don't like our snowsuits too much. Not at all really.



We honored one of our employees who retired after many, many years, at our company Christmas dinner. 
 Birthday celebration for another fabulous thirty five year old

Santa came to visit at our expat Christmas party for the kids 


We opened up the ravioli factory and everybody helped, even Nonno (grandpa!). Though the Boy was apparently bothered by the talking and the motor of the fresh pasta maker.


We start the kids early in the kitchen here


I'm busy, stop taking pictures!


What? I'm helping too!


Our dinner on the 25th, nothing better than Ravioli in brodo after a huge Christmas lunch.


And then we moved on to lasagna...


Me making the fresh pasta. I'm looking away, because some short person is asking for my attention.


Look, we made lasagna too!


On the 23rd, on a rainy eve, we went to visit Santa's operation here in Cuneo. He's setup in the Parco Fluviale (river park), and apparently services all of Northern Italy from here.
We saw the donkeys that run alongside Santa's reindeer with the hay for when they get hungry....


Mrs Claus came by to say hello, and we saw Santa off in the distance, but he was real busy getting everything ready for his trip and couldn't come down to say hello. Oh, and the elf in the green hat is one of Santa's helper and our guide.


It was too cold and wet for Daddy to come with us, but we told him all about it when we got home.


Christmas Eve


Our two little elves playing with their new kitchen on Christmas Day. Santa brought us some pretty awesome stuff!


Here they were cooking us breakfast....


Despite all my misgivings, Santa brought the boy a motorcycle, I hope this isn't a glimpse into my future... worrying about my baby on his death machine. (that huge helmet on his head? Daddy's.)


Taking his sister for a spin...


Boxing Day again.... I just love snowy moonlit nights.


3 comments:

  1. How much fun does this all look?!
    I never get bored of the jabber -- ever -- and the snowy photos are bee-utiful. But it is grand to get a gander at i bambini (and the ravioli, of course).
    Hugs and bon anno, Alcira

    nerochronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vedendovi fare i ravioli...che saudade delle serate natalizie romagnole a casa della nonna Luisa ad aiutarla a tirare la sfoglia a mano e a chiudere i cappelletti....sono fra i ricordi piu' belli dell'infanzia...fate bene a far vivere queste bellissime esperienze ai cuccioli! E a me e a Sofia dispiace molto non riuscire a partecipare alle feste per bimbi organizzate da zia Yara che dalle foto sembrano sempre proprio un successone!!! Baci Cla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vedendovi fare i ravioli...che saudade delle serate natalizie romagnole a casa della nonna Luisa ad aiutarla a tirare la sfoglia a mano e a chiudere i cappelletti....sono fra i ricordi piu' belli dell'infanzia...fate bene a far vivere queste bellissime esperienze ai cuccioli! E a me e a Sofia dispiace molto non riuscire a partecipare alle feste per bimbi organizzate da zia Yara che dalle foto sembrano sempre proprio un successone!!! Baci Cla

    ReplyDelete