Thursday, September 30, 2010

The three p's


Today was a memorable day. The kids reached several different milestones and I officially started hankering for a new baby. The Boy finally pooped and peed in the potty (like the alliteration?!), fully and completely on his own initiative. I have actual pictures of the event and aftermath but I won’t post them because I don’t want to give him any excuse to climb a bell tower with a shotgun as a teenager. And the Girl said Papà (daddy), in fact it is my most fervent belief that she didn’t just make the random sound pa - pà, she actually meant the Husband. Clever girl! They’re  getting so big. And this segues, for me, directly into the completely irrational desire for another baby. Am I a complete moron? I would have to say no, but then why do I insist on thinking like one. The Girl, amazingly slept through the night for 2 nights in a row, though the Boy woke up twice a night (but who said life was perfect?)  and the Girl and I are at the tapering off of the nursing relationship, so my addled brain starts sending images to my heart of cute, tiny newborns, hence the hankering.
I’m having a serious talk with both heart and head to explain to them the ridiculousness of having three kids in less than four years and that if they want we can revisit the option in a few years, but right now the factory is shut for remodeling. I hope they don’t unionize and start harassing and haranguing me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment